This tour attracts tourists and researches alike, giving them the opportunity to watch the orang utan up close in their natural habitat.
Pick up from your hotel or airport in Sandakan, drive to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. 1000hrs, witness the morning feeding of orangutans in the forest, watch the scheduled video programme about the Orang Utan (25mins) at the Nature Education Centre, pay a visit to the Exhibition Hall. After Sepilok, we take a leisure walk to the nearby Sun Bear Conservation Centre to see the world’s smallest bear in its natural environment. Then, we go for lunch.
Afternoon, we continue with Sandakan City Tour. Visit Sandakan Memorial Park, which is adjacent to the site of the original Sandakan Prisoner of War (POW) Camp. The park commemorates the sacrifice and suffering endured by both Australian and British soldiers who were held by the Japanese as Prisoners of War between 1942 and 1945. The Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, located on a steep hilltop where you can have a magnificent view overlooking Sandakan Bay and the Town Centre. Then, continue to one of the oldest church in Sabah, St. Michael’s Church. Drive to the Central Market where you can see the local produce and fresh seafood being sold. Visit the Agnes Keith Museum to learn about the life in the colonial days on Agnes & Harry Keith. Harry was the first conservator of the Forestry Department in Sabah and Agnes was the author of the three famous books called Land Below The Wind, Three Came Home and White Man Returns. Stop at the nearby English Tea House where you may have another spectacular view of Sandakan Nature City. Here, you may have your own choices of refreshment (own account). After tours, transfer back to Sandakan airport or hotel.
All land transfers as per itinerary, Lunch, entrance fee and English speaking guide.
Return airfare (BKI or SDK or BKI) and items not mentioned above.
Terms and Condition
- The above package is applicable to ALL market.
- Peak Season Surcharge applied on Hari Raya Puasa, Christmas, - Public Holidays period or any other day whereby a Hotel surcharge will be imposed as per respective hotel above mentioned.
- Above rates are subject of 6% Sales & Service Tax (SST)
- Above rates valid till 31 December 2019 ONLY
- Above room rates based on the lowest room categories.
- The management reserves the right to change or discontinue this promotional package without prior notice. However, confirmed bookings shall be honoured.
- Prices quoted are in Ringgit Malaysia
- Minimum 2 Adults unless stated,
- Cancellation charges may be applied