The Selingan Turtle Island is an amazing experience.
Selingan is one of the three islands of the Turtle Island Park, which lies 40 km north of Sandakan. Selingan is the second largest among the clusters of islands and is the main nesting area for green and hawksbill turtles. These areas are protected for conservation and preservation of turtles and other marine animal.
Day 1 - Arrival / Selingan Turtle Island (L & D)
Meet & greet from Sandakan airport or hotel lobby (town area only). Transfer to jetty for 1 hour boat journey to Selingan Island (boat depart sharp at 0930am). Upon arrival on the island, check-in at the chalet and lunch at Selingan cafeteria. The afternoon is spent free at your own leisure. You can swim or snorkel around the island or simply relax on its white sandy beach.
Note: After 6pm, the beach is off-limit to visiting guests and the Park Rangers begin their rounds looking out for turtle landing on the beach.
After dinner, at the signal from Park Rangers, observe the process of a turtle laying eggs, the transfer of eggs to the hatchery and release of turtle hatchlings to the sea. Return to your chalets for overnight.
Day 2 – Selingan Island / Sepilok Orang Utan /Bornean Sun Bear/ Rainforest Discovery Centre / Labuk Bay (B / L / D)
Breakfast. 0700hrs depart from Selingan Island back to Sandakan and drive approximately 30 minutes to; Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. 1000 hrs: Proceed to Platform B; observe man’s closest relative ‘the Orang Utans’ being rehabilitated to become wild in their natural habitat and experience a walk in the Tropical Lowland Dipterocarp Forest of Borneo and later watch a 25 minutes scheduled video documentary show. We Continue to Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre and Rainforest Discovery Centre.Lunch at local restaurant. Thereafter, we proceed to Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary for 1430hrs feeding time. Check in at Sabah Hotel, Sandakan.
1. All the entrances of the visited places are subject to business hours.
2. Things suggested to bring are proper shoes, insect repellent, Lightweight clothing or Cotton shirts, Long sleeves/Pant), Sun block lotion, Rain coat/Pancho, Insect repellent, Camera (camera fee excluded) & Personal Toiletries.
Day 3 – Sandakan City Tour / Departure Sandakan (B & L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out and proceed for city tour explore to various landmarks of Sandakan. You shall visits: Australian War Memorial: Sandakan Central Market: Sim-Sim Water Village: Puh Jih Shih Buddhist Temple & Agnes Keith House. Transfer to Sandakan Airport for your flight departure back home or your next journey,
Terms and Condition
- The above package is applicable to ALL market.
- Peak Season Surcharge applied on Hari Raya Puasa, Christmas, - - Public Holidays period or any other day whereby a Hotel surcharge will be imposed as per respective hotel above mentioned.
- Above rates valid till 31 December 2018 ONLY
- Above room rates based on the lowest room categories.
- The management reserves the right to change or discontinue this promotional package without prior notice. However, confirmed bookings shall be honored.
- Prices quoted are in Ringgit Malaysia
- Minimum 2 Adults unless stated,
- Room Reservation is subject to availability
- Cancellation charges may applied