The Selingan Turtle Island is an amazing experience.
Selingan is one of the three islands of the Turtle Island Park, which lies 40 km north of Sandakan. Selingan is the second largest among the clusters of isl
Day 1 - Arrival Sandakan / Turtle Island (L & D)
Pick up from a hotel and transfer to CQ Jetty for Selingan Turtle Island. This journey by motorised boat will take about 1 hour. After lunch, grab your mask, fins and snorkel and head to the beach where you can find lots of juvenile marine life. Or, you can choose to relax or sunbathing by the beach. Before dinner, treat yourself to a slide show featuring information of the turtle park and turtles. After dinner, standby at the Cafeteria. Wait for Park Ranger’s signal before proceeding in a small group to the egg-laying site to witness the mother turtle laying eggs, transferring of eggs to the hatchery and releasing of hatchlings to the sea. Stay overnight at Selingan Island Chalet.
Note: Photographing of turtles only with camera of unaided flash.
Snorkelling gears are available to hire (Please refer to the Island).
Day 2 - Turtle Island / Sepilok Orang Utan / Kinabatangan River (B, L & D)
0600hrs, wake up early in the morning and have your breakfast at 0630hrs. By 0700hrs, depart Selingan Island and return to the mainland. Proceed to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, watching one of nature’s most endangered animal species, the ‘Orang Utan’ or ‘Man of the Jungle’, in local language swing from branches to branches towards to the feeding station in the forest. Watch the scheduled video show programmes (25 mins) and visit to the Exhibition Hall. After Sepilok, proceed to Sun Bear Conservation Center to see the world’s smallest bear in its natural environment. Lunch en route at SJR. After lunch, we drive overland to Bilit, Kinabatangan River.
Arrive at Bilit around 1430hrs, check into your accommodation. By 1530hrs, have an afternoon tea with some local bites. After a short briefing by the nature guide, take an afternoon cruise (4.00pm)
along the Kinabatangan River (Sabah’s longest river at 560km) where you can observe wildlife on the boat itself. Dinner & overnight stay at Bilit Adventure Lodge.
1. All the entrances of the visited places are subject to business hours.
2. Things suggested to bring are proper shoes, insect repellent, Lightweight clothing or Cotton shirts, Long sleeves/Pant), Sun block lotion, Raincoat/Pancho, Insect repellent, Camera (camera fee excluded) & Personal Toiletries.
Optional: Night walk can be arranged, pay locally @ RM10.00 nett p/pax/hrs.
Tree planting also can be arranged, pay locally @ RM10.00 nett p/tree.
Day 3 - Kinabatangan River / Morning Cruise / Gomantong Cave / Sandakan Nature City / Airport (B & L)
Wake up early in the morning to start the day with an early river cruise at about 6.00am. After the 1 hours boat cruise, proceed back to Bilit Lodge for breakfast. By 0830 hrs, depart Bilit for Gomantong Cave to explore the largest limestone & bird nests cave in Sabah where millions of swiftlets make the cave their home. After the cave, return to Sandakan for lunch. Afternoon, depart for Sandakan Nature City Tour. The City Tour includes a visit to Sandakan Memorial Park, Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, located on a steep hilltop where you can have a magnificent view overlooking Sandakan Bay & Town Centre. Then, continue to one of the oldest church in Sabah, St. Michael’s Church. Drive to the Central Market where you can see the local produce and fresh seafood being sold. Visit the Agnes Keith Museum to learn about the life in the colonial days on Agnes & Harry Keith. Final stop at the nearby English Tea House where you may have another spectacular view of Sandakan Nature City. Here, you may have your own choices of refreshment (own account). After the tour, transfer to Sandakan airport/hotel.
Terms and Condition
- The above package is applicable to ALL market.
- Peak Season Surcharge applied on Hari Raya Puasa, Christmas, - Public Holidays period or any other day whereby a Hotel surcharge will be imposed as per respective hotel above mentioned.
- Above rates are subject of 6% Sales & Service Tax (SST)
- Above rates valid till 31 December 2019 ONLY
- Above room rates based on the lowest room categories.
- The management reserves the right to change or discontinue this promotional package without prior notice. However, confirmed bookings shall be honored.
- Prices quoted are in Ringgit Malaysia
- Minimum 2 Adults unless stated,
- Room Reservation is subject to availability
- Cancellation charges may applied